Fleet Management COVID-19 Updates:More Information
Updated September 3, 2021
University vehicle travel may be allowed under the following conditions:
- Authorized driver and passenger(s) consistently follow personal hygiene and prevention measures including:
- Wear face masks at all times
- Have ‘Building Access Granted’ status on the Safer Community app.
- Pass a symptoms screening before entering the vehicle.
- Sit in the same location in the vehicle the entire time to and from the destination.
- HVAC should be set to bring in outside air (not recirculate) with the fan on high.
- At least two (or more) windows positioned diagonally from one another should be partially open.
- Avoid travel when weather would prohibit or discourage open windows and ventilation.
- Hand sanitizer use is required each time they enter and exit the vehicle.
- Except to stop for fuel, intermediate stops should not be made on the trip.
- Food and beverage should not be consumed in the vehicle so face masks can be worn the entire time.
- All vehicle touch points must be disinfected before and at the conclusion of travel.
- All other University of Nebraska policies pertaining to vehicle travel remain in effect.
- Vehicles are limited to 2 persons per row and must space themselves as far apart as possible. Capacities are limited to 50% of the overall vehicle capacity. Specific capacities are the following:
- Sedan – 4 people.
- Regular cab pickup – 2 people.
- Extended cab or crew cab pickup – 4 people.
- Mid/Full size SUV or Minivan – 6 people.
- 12 passenger van – 8 people.