Updated March 23, 2021
University vehicle maximum rider capacity is limited to one person per vehicle.
University vehicle travel with more than one person per vehicle may be allowed for approved academic, co-curricular, or RSO experiences under the following conditions:
- The University Public Health Advocacy Team determines that current conditions warrant limited and approved travel.
- Travel for student academic, co-curricular, or RSO experience that has approved travel exemption request including authorization by the departments Dean/Director or their designated representative.
- Authorized driver and passenger(s) consistently follow personal hygiene and prevention measures.
- Vehicles are limited to 2 persons per row and must space themselves as far apart as possible.
- Sedan – 4 people.
- Regular cab pickup – 2 people.
- Extended cab or crew cab pickup – 4 people.
- Mid/Full size SUV or Minivan – 6 people.
- 12 passenger van – 8 people.
- All vehicle occupants must:
- Wear face masks at all times.
- Have ‘Building Access Granted’ status on the Safer Community app.
- Pass a symptom’s screening before entering the vehicle.
- Sit in the same location in the vehicle the entire time to and from the destination.
- HVAC should be set to bring in outside air (not recirculate) with the fan on high.
- At least two (or more) windows positioned diagonally from one another should be partially open.
- Avoid travel when weather would prohibit or discourage open windows and ventilation.
- Hand sanitizer use is required each time they enter and exit the vehicle.
- Except to stop for fuel, intermediate stops should not be made on the trip.
- Food and beverage should not be consumed in the vehicle so face masks can be worn the entire time.
- All vehicle touch points must be disinfected before and at the conclusion of travel.
- All other University of Nebraska policies pertaining to vehicle travel remain in effect.